Image Credit: Pixaby
Have you ever received a photo in your messages, or saved one from an email? You open the photo to get a better look and it keeps changing direction?
Apple calls this “Portrait Orientation”. I call it very annoying!😡 Today we solve this problem!
Portrait Orientation: Easy Way to Lock the Photo
What a mouthful to say, “Do you have Portrait Orientation lock on?” Huh??? Sure would be a lot easier to explain and to say, “Do you want to stop your photos from moving?” YES!!! See I prefer the easy way. So just to clarify which direction it’s referred to by Apple, I’ve included landscape and portrait orientation views below.
Landscape view Portrait view
How to Stop Photos from Moving!
- Swipe up from the bottom to open the Control Center
- I have Portrait Orientation Lock: On (see photo below)
- To lock or unlock the Portrait Orientation, simply tap on the “lock” with an arrow around it
- Tap the top of the screen again and Control Center will close
- If you decide to watch a video, you may need to “unlock” Portrait Orientation so you can turn the phone in landscape view
- You can leave Portrait Orientation locked indefinitely and unlock only when needed or lock it only when needed
- Try it and see which way you like better, it’s completely up to you
What Do You Think?
Ok this has been a popular tip I shared with family and coworkers today! Tell me what you think about this tip and leave your comment below.
Also share with your friend and family on social media or you can email it too!
Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog and get an email whenever there is a new post. More tips and how to’s to come!
Thanks for stopping by today!